Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sundance Day 2: Luke Wilson's butt

Unsurprisingly, I missed the midnight screening last night. After my 28-hour adventure, I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. That meant I felt much better this morning when I headed out to see “Henry Poole is Here,” a premiere starring Luke Wilson, plus Adriana Barrazza of “Babel” and comedian George Lopez, all of whom showed up for the post-screening Q&A. (And no, Victoria, I was not able to pinch Luke’s butt on your behalf). This is Luke’s Serious Actor movie, and really, he wasn’t half-bad. I give the movie a thumbs-up; mark your calendars for when it hits theaters.

It’s one of those quirky Sundance setups where Wilson’s character finds out he doesn’t have long to live and tries to disappear by moving into a new neighborhood, only his nosey neighbors won’t leave him alone, and soon they are teaching him lofty things about Hope and Faith. It’s actually really cute, I promise. There’s another extraordinary little girl actress in it – Morgan Lilly is her name, and she’s possibly even better than Elle Fanning. Kind of weird to see those two movies back-to-back.

I made it into a café where they’re serving free food – score two so far – and once again, there are only freeloading journalists around. The sun is out and the snow has stopped, so it’s a bit easier to get around today, though bone-chillingly cold.

Well, I have at least two other screenings plus a free dinner to get to today – will update again later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home